Are your teeth crooked? If so, you are not alone! There is a large percentage of the U.S. population that are dealing with crooked teeth. However, many are hesitant to get metal braces. If you are looking to avoid getting traditional braces, Invisalign may be the perfect solution for you!
Advantages Of Invisalign®
While Invisalign works in the same way as traditional braces, they have multiple advantages which have made them surge in popularity. Rather than using wires and brackets, Invisalign makes use of a series of soft, plastic trays to gradually reposition your teeth. Each customized tray will be worn for several days before moving on to the next one in the series.
Invisalign will straighten your teeth like braces, but with the following advantages:
- AESTHETICS – The clear trays are nearly invisible. With braces, there is no hiding the metal wires and brackets. Everyone knows you have them. When you are using Invisalign, even your friends and family may forget that you have them. You will feel natural and confident in any situation.
- COMFORT – The plastic trays are smooth and gentle on your gums and lips. The wires and brackets of braces can poke and irritate the inside of your mouth. With Invisalign, you will soon forget that you even have trays inside of your mouth
- FOOD – You will not have to change your diet to use Invisalign trays. The list of food restrictions for those wearing traditional braces is infamous. With Invisalign, trays are easily removable, so they can be taken off for each meal.
- HYGIENE – You will have no problem with brushing or flossing when you are wearing Invisalign trays. Braces are securely attached for many months and you will have to work around them with the tooth brush and floss. When you are using Invisalign trays, you simply remove them each time you need to take care of oral hygiene.
- TIME – The average treatment time for Invisalign is significantly shorter than the average treatment time for traditional braces. Braces can take up to two years to complete their job. The same result can usually be achieved with Invisalign in nine to fifteen months.
Are You A Candidate For Invisalign®?
Invisalign may be the perfect solution for your crooked teeth if you have healthy teeth and gums and you have no signs of gum disease. We would be happy to schedule a consultation with you to determine if this treatment will benefit your smile.
If you have additional questions or would like to set up your consultation and live in the Danvers, MA area, we encourage you to get into contact with our office today! Don’t hesitate, the key to a perfect smile is only one call away!